Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Awareness

 

      Scientist have stated most people will suffer from one of the following night symptoms, sleep talking, sleep walking, or sleep paralysis AKA night terrors or old hag syndrome. I unfortunately have suffered from all three since 1982. At age 4  I became aware that I was different from others when my cries for understanding were dismissed as imagination or bad dreams.  In my future blogs I will be revealing my sleep paralysis experiences.

     First I must get a little scientific here and explain what night terrors are for those who've never heard or experienced them. The term Old hag syndrome came from the appearance of the elderly woman or "old hag" most sufferers of sleep paralysis see at the foot of there bed or pressing down on there chest, causing shortness of breath. Why people see the silhouette of an older lady is yet to be uncovered.  During sleep a chemical is released from your brain to keep you from acting out your dreams and from hurting yourself and others. While waking up the chemical stops being released from your brain and allows you to move. During an episode of sleep paralysis your body is waking from sleep but the chemical from your brain is still being released into your body causing a half awake, half sleeping state. Your body however is completely immobilized with the exception of a few body parts, in most people there big toe or hand pinkie.  During this state of being half awake a sense of heightened awareness takes over. Sense of hearing and peripheral presence increases. I personally believe these are senses that humans have not learned to unlock at will, for example the feeling of being watched from afar and turning around to find someone watching you. During this state you believe to see and feel emotions you wouldn't wish on there worst enemy. It leaves you feeling frightened, especially if you also see or hear things that aren't really there.

     I had dismissed my experiences of night terrors as nightmares or bad dreams for years to come. I personally had not seen the old hag until later in my teens.  My sleep paralysis however was very current and very real and at the age of only 4.
      Follow along with me as I chronicle over the next several weeks my sleep paralysis. I will reveal my darkest nights and even darker visits. Here is a list of things to come.

  • The Old Hag
  • The Hatted man
  • Abduction
  • Out of body
  • Incredible strength
  • A touch of Satan
  • I discovered what most egg-head scientist today have not deduced, I have discovered the pre-cursor  to sleep paralysis.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment