Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lighter side of Night Terrors

I'm gonna take a detour today and fast forward to the future, to a time where I have overcome the paralysis of sleep paralysis. I am in my mid twenties. My wife and I bought a thirty two inch TV. Let me tell you this wasn't one of those HDTV's  that are thin. This thing was huge. It took three of us to lift it on top of our dresser. Ok I'm going to let you in on a secret only my wife knows, I can't sleep with the lights off. I must have the TV on or a light in the hallway on. It's not because I'm afraid of the dark, it's because of my subconscious mind that wonders while I sleep.
This was caused by my ability to control the chemical that is released from your brain to keep you paralysed and from acting out your dream. How I overcame this was through sheer practice of having repeated sleep paralysis episodes.  Anyway I digress,  because of the brightness of the TV screen, my wife made the mistake of turning the set off when I fell asleep. During the night my subconscious mind noticed I was in the dark. Now my mind starts to panic when its not aware of its surrounding. I stood up and picked up the TV set of the dresser and threw it straight across the room waking my wife who flicked the light on. What we found hilarious was that three of us could not lift that TV set but I was able to clear a 15 foot distance across the room with a single toss. What was funnier was returning it to walmart and saying it was cracked when we opened it at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment