Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Funny side to Sleep Paralysis

Oh my goodness, I cannot begin to tell you how exciting it is to tell you my sleep paralysis episodes  through these blogs. I feel a weight lifted off of me. I'm going to tell you of an episode I had once where I got so fed up with having these sleep paralysis episodes, this was before I learned to wake myself from them, that I organized a plan to wake myself from sleep.

 When paralyzed most sufferers are able to move their big toe or their pinky on the hand. I went to bed one night and set up my boombox radio next to me. I put in a cassette tape and pressed the pause button. I then cranked up the radio and went to bed positioning my hand near the buttons. 

During one of my sleep paralysis episodes I was able to slowly move my pinky towards the radio. I was in a state of panic but I was still focused on my objective of learning to wake myself from these sleep paralysis episodes. Slowly my finger crept toward the pause button. Just then as I was able to depress the button with my pinky I was blown out of bed by the sound of the boombox. Its funny now looking back on it how everyone ran to ny room to see what was going on so early in the morning.













No comments:

Post a Comment